Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sharpened Pencil

A String Of Haiku Poems that tell A Story:



Sharpened I, My Pencil Twice,
To Carve In A Page,
Letters Of Love, In Rage..

Silence Evades, the Nil Night,
A Rick-shaw sputt-ers,
Dogs Howl, Adding Voice To Noise..

Feets Ache, Sleep Beckons Embrace,
Red Bed Light Nudges,
No, I Stave, A Lyric Waits.

Winds Arouse, Rustles O' Leaves,
Breeze Please, Take my Fees,
Grant me Three Poems, On Lease..

~1~
Lux-ury, To Admire Rain, Or
A Fi-ery Lady
In Bed, You Have it Made, Mate!

~2~
Sa-ree Clad Beauty in White,
Mad Mon-soons Soak Her,
Gods' Greed Claim Her, Be-fore Me..

~3~
Her Lips Tremble in Mur-Murs,
As I Suck Her Breath,
Tremors Can Quake, In Love's Act..


And So the Sa-ga Does End,
Of Leased Mid-Night Poems,
My Pencil Blunts To A Bow..

To Be Sharpened Yet Again,
Twice, Or Maybe Thrice
Perhaps, On Another Night..




6.6.11
~1:00-3:30am
"Nights Belong to Poets and Madmen"
Who Might I Be?

-nanda

6 comments:

moonlite:D said...

welcome back,,
loved the poem..esp 1,2 & 3... so beautiful,,,

thanks for giving us such a wonderful midnight musings :)

Tripthi Battapadi said...

One word - AWESOME!
:)

nanda said...

thank you CK :)

nanda said...

@blue periwinkle: thanks! :)

Amber Light said...

I read and re-read this. It is beautiful.
I have just one suggestion/request/question: Why do you want to label what you write? Your writing is free spirited and it doesn't need to be called anything for its beauty to present itself to the reader.

nanda said...

@amber: thank u , will heed your suggestion/request